You’re working hard to write and develop your book. You dream of getting it published and feel called to share it with as many people as possible. Yet, publishing feels so difficult to understand. It’s confusing and overwhelming and hard to even know where to start.
Our webinar, How Books Get Acquired at HarperCollins Christian Publishing, can help you gain a clear understanding of what it looks like for a book to get acquired and published from inside one of the world’s leading publishers. At any given time, HarperCollins Christian Publishing publishes more than half of the top 50 bestselling Christian books.
In this webinar, Jenny Baumgartner, Senior Acquisitions Editor at Nelson Books, a division of HarperCollins Christian Publishing, walks you through the book acquisition and publishing process. Jenny has been in Christian publishing since 1998 when she joined Thomas Nelson’s gift book division. Since then, she has edited both nonfiction and fiction, partnering with many award-winning and New York Times bestselling authors, including the #1 New York Times bestseller, Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis and the newly released A Serial Killer’s Daughter by Kerri Rawson, which was featured on the cover of People and was the subject of a two-hour 20/20 special.
Now you can learn first-hand from one of Christian publishing’s most influential editors:
- Which projects are considered for acquisition, which are not, and what you can do to help your book
- What to include in your book proposal and why a book proposal is so important
- What happens in each step of the acquisitions and publishing process
- How she works with agents
- How she works with authors—and how it differs from working with agents
- Who determines whether a book is acquired
- What happens after a book is accepted for publication
- What relationships an author has inside the publishing house—what to expect and what not to expect
Jenny also takes time to answer questions from the original webinar with Pete Nikolai, director of publishing services for HarperCollins Christian Publishing.
People are quick to point out that hundreds of thousands of new books are published every year and that your book will be just one more drop in the sea. But what about the select few who get acquired by the top publishers in the world? What causes those books and those authors to rise to the top–and what difference does it make to be traditionally published by a leading publisher?
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to learn about the publishing process and what you can do to increase your chances for success from an insider at one of the world’s leading publishers.
This webinar includes:
- Video interview with Jenny Baumgartner, Sr. Acquisition Editor at Nelson Books
- A Complete transcript of the video including Q&A session with HarperCollins Christian Publishing’s director of publishing services, Pete Nikolai
- The ebook, Complete Your Book Proposal in 5 Days, by Author Gateway director, Paul Mikos